Water Atlas Mapping and GIS Platform Development, Harwich
DCI staff worked for several years on the development and maintenance of the Harwich Water Department’s GIS platform.
This work included:
- Purchase and incorporation of NSTAR aerial flyover data
- GPS Data collection of all gate valve and hydrant information
- Water main connectivity
The base map information was then utilized to develop both a web-based and mobile GIS platforms. Both of these platforms integrate all of the location information for assets as well as linked in data from other data sources.
The platforms include the following capabilities:
- Tie card information for services and valves;
- Gate valve isolation tool;
- Access Munis and assessors system information;
- An asset management database;
- GPS location (mobile application only).
This project was implemented over several years; each year slowly building additional functionality into the system to help the Town get their desired final product while considering existing budget constraints.